Hisar bypoll marks the fall of Congress: Ramdev
New Delhi: On a day Congress party faced a drubbing in the Hisar Lok Sabha bypoll, yoga guru Baba Ramdev said the result outlines the fall of Congress party.
“Yeh parajaya nahin, maha parajaya hai (This is a huge defeat for the Congress party)”, Ramdev said addressing a press conference here.
The yaga guru said the party will face a similar defeat in upcoming Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Punjab.
“A series of macabre scams have hit the nation. Thousands of crores of black money are stashed in tax heavens. The Congress-led government did nothing to check corruption, nor did it show any willingness to bring back black money,” Ramdev said.
“If the Congress wants to save itself from a political suicide, the party has to take to concrete steps to check corruption,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'