Hizbul commander planted Delhi HC bomb: Sources
New Delhi: In a significant breakthrough in the Delhi High Court blast case, The National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested one Dr Wasim from Kishtwar who is said to be one of the key conspirators of the September 7 blast that killed 15 persons and injured 80.
Highly placed sources told Zee News on Friday that Wasim’s arrest is crucial as his brother Junaid is said to be the planter of the bomb that ripped through the crowded reception area that busy Wednesday morning.
Junaid is a commander of terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen.He is believed to be operating from Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Wasim’s arrest is the third arrest by the NIA in the case.
Earlier, two other Kishtwar residents – Aamir Abbas and Abid Hussain – were arrested in connection with the case. It was Abid who sent the terror e-mail three hours after the incident – reportedly on being asked by Aamir to do so.
NIA has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for anybody giving information about the perpetrators of the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi