Hizbul head faceless on NIA website
New Delhi: Banned Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit`s head Syed Salahuddin may be on the most wanted list of the National Investigation Agency(NIA) but he remains faceless on the website of the country`s premier anti-terror force.
The CBI also was apparently not aware that the image of Salahuddin was not on its website before the probe agency posted it on Wednesday, 14 years after Interpol had issued a Red Corner Notice against him.
The NIA -- set up in the aftermath of 2008 Mumbai terror attack -- claimed his involvement in funding of various terror activities in Jammu and Kashmir and had put him on its official website as most wanted with a noting "Image not available".
The NIA has given his address and age as 66 years correctly but in the image section, the premier agency apparently has not managed to get a picture posted.
The NIA officials, when contacted, were not willing to comment on the issue notwithstanding the fact that India has handed over many dossiers to Pakistan seeking his deportation from that country.
NIA had registered a case in 2011 in the wake of allegations that Hizbul Mujahideen, one of the most active terror outfits in J and K with strong bases in Pulwama, Kupwara, Sopore, Budgam, Doda, Baramula and Srinagar, is being regularly and systematically funded from across the border for the purpose of promoting terrorist activities in India.
An Interpol Red Corner warrant "A-66/2-1998" was issued against Mohammed Yusuf Shah alias Salahuddin, who heads a conglomerate of terror outfits-- United Jehad Council, in 1998 at the request of Delhi Police for his alleged involvement in various terror related activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof