Hizbul militant killed in J&K
Jammu: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Doda district, police said on Monday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a joint operation at Bagwa forest area, nearly 190 kms from here, last evening.
During search operation, militants opened fire on troops who retaliated. In the ensuing gunbattle, a self-styled district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Riyaz Ahmed alias Shaheen Parvez of Ramban district was killed.
An AK rifle, two magazines and two grenades were recovered from the slain militant.
The militant was active in the area since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg
- MEA rules out India-Pakistan bilateral talks during SAARC meet in Islamabad
- Here comes a solar cell that functions like a plant