Hizbul militant killed in J&K
Jammu: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Doda district, police said on Monday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a joint operation at Bagwa forest area, nearly 190 kms from here, last evening.
During search operation, militants opened fire on troops who retaliated. In the ensuing gunbattle, a self-styled district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Riyaz Ahmed alias Shaheen Parvez of Ramban district was killed.
An AK rifle, two magazines and two grenades were recovered from the slain militant.
The militant was active in the area since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP