Hizbul militant killed in J&K
Jammu: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Doda district, police said on Monday.
Acting on a tip off, troops of Rashtriya Rifles and police launched a joint operation at Bagwa forest area, nearly 190 kms from here, last evening.
During search operation, militants opened fire on troops who retaliated. In the ensuing gunbattle, a self-styled district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Riyaz Ahmed alias Shaheen Parvez of Ramban district was killed.
An AK rifle, two magazines and two grenades were recovered from the slain militant.
The militant was active in the area since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh