HM, IAF at odds over UAV scare during CWG
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force and Home
Ministry are at odds over an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
that had been positioned over the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
during the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on
Home Ministry sources had let it be known that the UAV
had come down below its specified height of 6,000 ft creating
a security scare.
However, IAF spokesperson Priya Joshi claimed in a press
release today that the UAV maintained the designated height as
per the Standard Operating Procedure and did not descend below
The UAVs were put into operation for maintaining an
aerial vigil during the 12-day sporting extravaganza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie