HM, IAF at odds over UAV scare during CWG
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force and Home
Ministry are at odds over an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
that had been positioned over the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
during the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on
Home Ministry sources had let it be known that the UAV
had come down below its specified height of 6,000 ft creating
a security scare.
However, IAF spokesperson Priya Joshi claimed in a press
release today that the UAV maintained the designated height as
per the Standard Operating Procedure and did not descend below
The UAVs were put into operation for maintaining an
aerial vigil during the 12-day sporting extravaganza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown