Hoax call creates panic in train carrying President`s son
Mumbai: A hoax call triggered panic in a long
distance train with President Pratibha Patil`s son Rajendra
Shekhawat on board at CST railway station in south Mumbai
today, railway police said.
A call was received by RPF police control room this
evening claiming that two persons, carrying explosives,
boarded the 2105 Vidarbha Express at CST station. Police acted
swiftly and evacuated all passengers including Shekhawat from
the train, they said.
Teams of Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, Anti
Terrorism Squad and RPF carried out searches in the train that
was halted at platform number 18 but found nothing suspicious,
the police said.
The Gondia-bound train, which was supposed to depart at
around 7.10 pm, finally left the station one-and-a-half hours
behind schedule, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley