Hoax call creates panic in train carrying President`s son
Mumbai: A hoax call triggered panic in a long
distance train with President Pratibha Patil`s son Rajendra
Shekhawat on board at CST railway station in south Mumbai
today, railway police said.
A call was received by RPF police control room this
evening claiming that two persons, carrying explosives,
boarded the 2105 Vidarbha Express at CST station. Police acted
swiftly and evacuated all passengers including Shekhawat from
the train, they said.
Teams of Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad, Anti
Terrorism Squad and RPF carried out searches in the train that
was halted at platform number 18 but found nothing suspicious,
the police said.
The Gondia-bound train, which was supposed to depart at
around 7.10 pm, finally left the station one-and-a-half hours
behind schedule, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred