`Holy mace` reaches Sheshnag enroute Amarnath cave shrine
Srinagar: "Chhari Mubarak", the holy mace of Lord Shiva, on Monday reached the second halting station en route to the 3880-metre high Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas, official sources said.
After a night halt and special prayers at Chandanwari,
the first halting station, the holy mace being carried by its
custodian Mahant Deependra Giri and a group of sadhus reached
the 3718-metre high Sheshnag this afternoon, the sources said.
Sheshnag is 12 kms from Chandanwari and the second stage
of the yatra.
The holy mace would be taken to 3,657-metre high
Panchtarni tomorrow and will reach the Lord Shiva cave shrine
on August 5, marking conclusion of the annual Amarnath yatra.
Meanwhile, nearly 1500 pilgrims left for the Amarnath
cave shrine from the twin base camps of Baltal and Nunwan this
While 1384 pilgrims proceeded through the shortest 16-km
Baltal track, another batch of 108 pilgrims were allowed from
Nunwan along the traditional 45-km Pahalgam-cave route, the
So far, nearly 3.75 lakh pilgrims visited the cave shrine
and offered their prayers since commencement of the yatra on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured