Home Minister Shinde to visit Punjab, J&K next week
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is likely to visit Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir next week to review the security situation in forward areas along the Indo-Pak border, including Kargil.
This will be his first visit to the two border states after assuming office.
During the three-day tour, he will visit forward border guarding posts in Attari-Wagah, Leh and Kargil and interact with soldiers and officers posted there.
Shinde will also take stock of security situation along the border and hold meetings with senior officers of Border Security Force and Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
He is expected to be in Punjab on October 6 and then leave for Jammu and Kashmir where he will be stationed for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands