Home Minister Shinde to visit Punjab, J&K next week
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is likely to visit Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir next week to review the security situation in forward areas along the Indo-Pak border, including Kargil.
This will be his first visit to the two border states after assuming office.
During the three-day tour, he will visit forward border guarding posts in Attari-Wagah, Leh and Kargil and interact with soldiers and officers posted there.
Shinde will also take stock of security situation along the border and hold meetings with senior officers of Border Security Force and Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
He is expected to be in Punjab on October 6 and then leave for Jammu and Kashmir where he will be stationed for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery