Home Minister Shinde to visit Punjab, J&K next week
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is likely to visit Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir next week to review the security situation in forward areas along the Indo-Pak border, including Kargil.
This will be his first visit to the two border states after assuming office.
During the three-day tour, he will visit forward border guarding posts in Attari-Wagah, Leh and Kargil and interact with soldiers and officers posted there.
Shinde will also take stock of security situation along the border and hold meetings with senior officers of Border Security Force and Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
He is expected to be in Punjab on October 6 and then leave for Jammu and Kashmir where he will be stationed for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details