Home Ministry briefs Rajnath, Rijiju on internal security
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju were on Thursday briefed by top officials of the Home Ministry about the country`s internal security situation, including activities of terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba and Indian Mujahideen.
During the 90-minute meeting, Home Secretary Anil Goswami, Intelligence Bureau chief Asif Ibrahim, Joint Secretary Rakesh Singh gave a detailed presentation on the security situation, intelligence gathering mechanism and the steps being taken to foil any attempt to disturb peace.
Activities of LeT, IM and other Pakistan-based terrorist outfits were also briefed along with the banned groups` cadre strength, how they operate, their financial condition and help and assistance they receive from across the border.
The officials also told Singh and Rijiju the loopholes in the system and steps being taken to plug them.
The Home Minister had, immediately after assuming office, said internal security was his top priority and asked his officials to come up with out-of-the-box ideas for internal security and better coordination between the Centre and states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH