Home Ministry briefs Rajnath, Rijiju on internal security
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju were on Thursday briefed by top officials of the Home Ministry about the country`s internal security situation, including activities of terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba and Indian Mujahideen.
During the 90-minute meeting, Home Secretary Anil Goswami, Intelligence Bureau chief Asif Ibrahim, Joint Secretary Rakesh Singh gave a detailed presentation on the security situation, intelligence gathering mechanism and the steps being taken to foil any attempt to disturb peace.
Activities of LeT, IM and other Pakistan-based terrorist outfits were also briefed along with the banned groups` cadre strength, how they operate, their financial condition and help and assistance they receive from across the border.
The officials also told Singh and Rijiju the loopholes in the system and steps being taken to plug them.
The Home Minister had, immediately after assuming office, said internal security was his top priority and asked his officials to come up with out-of-the-box ideas for internal security and better coordination between the Centre and states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city