Home Ministry recommends prosecution of three detained Chinese
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has recommended prosecution of three Chinese nationals who had infiltrated into the Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir in June as the statements given by them to interrogators were contradictory.
All of them had an advance knowledge of Indian defence posts and routes taken by troops during patrolling in the higher reaches of Ladakh, official sources said.
The decision taken by the Home Ministry has been conveyed to authorities concerned in Ladakh for bringing down the three -- Salamo, Abdul Khaliq and Adil Thorsong -- to Leh from Margo post in north Ladakh where they have been kept since June 12 after being detained near Sultanchku, the sources said.
The statements of all the three, who have been kept separately since their detention, were completely contradictory and the interrogators believe that the three were lying about the route taken by them to enter India, they said.
Various security agencies, which questioned them, expressed surprise that the three had the knowledge of the Indian posts and routes taken by the patrols to higher reaches along the Sino-Indian border but feigned ignorance about any of the Chinese camps across the Line of Actual Control (LAC), they said.
The trio, who speak only Yarkandi and Uyghur languages, could not give any basic details about Kargalilik of Xianjang province from where they claimed to belong, according to the sources.
The small political maps seized from the three were torn from local school books, the sources said, adding that apprehension was being expressed that they could have been headed towards Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) which is barely 20 kms up north of the area where they were nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3