Home Ministry robbed of computer`s hard disk
New Delhi: A curious case of robbery has been reported from the high-security Union Home Ministry where a thief appears to have struck again stealing the hard disk of a computer, two months after the very same machine`s monitor was
The theft of hard disk from Room No 203 of Home Ministry in North Block came in the intervening night of January two and three and exactly two months after the monitor of the same computer was stolen, a senior police official said.
Another monitor and hard disk was also found missing from the room on the same day.
The fresh incident came to light on the morning of January three when Ishwar Mehto, an assistant in Home Ministry`s Hindi Department, reached office for work and could not operate his computer.
It was Mehto only who had on November three approached police, claiming that the monitor of the computer used by him was stolen from the room.
"I came to know about the theft of hard disk when I tried to operate the computer using another monitor. I was to type a Cabinet note. As it was not functioning, I called a mechanic who checked it and told me that the hard disk was missing," he
said in his complaint.
Mehto immediately informed his superiors who advised him to file an FIR, the official said.
During investigations, the official said, it was found that another hard disk and monitor was stolen from the same room on the intervening night of January two and three.
A case of theft has been registered.
Following suspicion that the thefts were the handiwork of insiders, officials have taken measures to ensure that no such incident takes place again.
It has now been made mandatory for security personnel to check the baggage going out of the building.
"Earlier, only the baggages which were being taken inside were checked through X-Ray baggage machines. Now, the baggages taken out of the building are also subjected to X-Ray baggage checking," a security official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations