`Home Ministry to decide on Afzal Guru`
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said Union Home Ministry will decide on the file pertaining to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy
"The Home Ministry will decide on the issue...We have sent the file to Lt Governor for further action," Dikshit told reporters when asked about the next course of action regarding Guru`s mercy petition.
She said the Lt Governor will put his view on the mercy petition and then the file will be sent to Home Ministry.
On Wednesday, Delhi Government had sent the file on Guru to Khanna, unambiguously backing the capital punishment for the convict.
But at the same time, the city government had asked the Centre to take care of the law and order situation while carrying out the execution here.
The city government, whose opinion on the mercy
petition was sought by the Union Home Ministry almost four
years ago, had sent the file to Khanna on Monday but the LG
had returned it on Tuesday seeking more clarifications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?