`Home Ministry to decide on Afzal Guru`
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said Union Home Ministry will decide on the file pertaining to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy
"The Home Ministry will decide on the issue...We have sent the file to Lt Governor for further action," Dikshit told reporters when asked about the next course of action regarding Guru`s mercy petition.
She said the Lt Governor will put his view on the mercy petition and then the file will be sent to Home Ministry.
On Wednesday, Delhi Government had sent the file on Guru to Khanna, unambiguously backing the capital punishment for the convict.
But at the same time, the city government had asked the Centre to take care of the law and order situation while carrying out the execution here.
The city government, whose opinion on the mercy
petition was sought by the Union Home Ministry almost four
years ago, had sent the file to Khanna on Monday but the LG
had returned it on Tuesday seeking more clarifications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30