`Home Ministry to decide on Afzal Guru`
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said Union Home Ministry will decide on the file pertaining to Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s mercy
"The Home Ministry will decide on the issue...We have sent the file to Lt Governor for further action," Dikshit told reporters when asked about the next course of action regarding Guru`s mercy petition.
She said the Lt Governor will put his view on the mercy petition and then the file will be sent to Home Ministry.
On Wednesday, Delhi Government had sent the file on Guru to Khanna, unambiguously backing the capital punishment for the convict.
But at the same time, the city government had asked the Centre to take care of the law and order situation while carrying out the execution here.
The city government, whose opinion on the mercy
petition was sought by the Union Home Ministry almost four
years ago, had sent the file to Khanna on Monday but the LG
had returned it on Tuesday seeking more clarifications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning