Home Ministry to decide steps concerning Yasin Malik: Khurshid
New Delhi: Amid BJP`s demands that Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik`s passport be revoked for sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed, considered the 26/11 attack mastermind, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said the home ministry will take appropriate steps on the matter.
"The home minister has already made a statement. The matter pertains to the home ministry. I`m sure they will take appropriate steps. When they do, they will inform us," Khurshid told an English news channel.
He said Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Monday said he would apply his mind and have the matter looked into.
Malik, a Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) leader, was seen seated next to Saeed, chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, at a rally against execution of Afzal Guru, a convict in the Indian parliament attack case, in Islamabad in Pakistan Sunday.
Saeed is considered to have planned the Nov 26, 2008 Mumbai terror attacks in which 166 people were killed.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh said the government should "seriously" take cognizance of Malik sharing the dais with Saeed.
"The government should seriously take cognizance of this. It`s not a small issue. I expect this much from the government," Singh told reporters here.
BJP leader M. Venkaiah Naidu also criticised the government, saying Malik`s passport should be revoked immediately.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said it was home ministry`s mistake to allow Malik to go to Pakistan and the party would raise the issue on all forums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM