Home Secy reviews situation ahead of Hazare`s fast
New Delhi: Top government officials on Monday reviewed the situation as a showdown between Anna Hazare team
and Delhi Police appeared imminent after the Gandhian was
denied permission to go ahead with his indefinite fast against
corruption from Tuesday.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh held a meeting with Delhi
Police Commissioner B K Gupta and other senior officials at
the Police Headquarters here to take stock of the measures
taken by the force to tackle any untoward situation.
The meeting came after Hazare and his team announced that
they will go ahead with their proposed protest at Jai Prakash
Narain Park even after being denied permission and will court
arrest if they were prevented to do so.
Sources said police officials were planning very
carefully the arrangements to handle tomorrow`s protest by
Hazare and his team so as to avoid the situation like the one
at Ramlila Maidan in early June while evicting protesters led
by yoga guru Ramdev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country