Home Secy reviews situation ahead of Hazare`s fast
New Delhi: Top government officials on Monday reviewed the situation as a showdown between Anna Hazare team
and Delhi Police appeared imminent after the Gandhian was
denied permission to go ahead with his indefinite fast against
corruption from Tuesday.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh held a meeting with Delhi
Police Commissioner B K Gupta and other senior officials at
the Police Headquarters here to take stock of the measures
taken by the force to tackle any untoward situation.
The meeting came after Hazare and his team announced that
they will go ahead with their proposed protest at Jai Prakash
Narain Park even after being denied permission and will court
arrest if they were prevented to do so.
Sources said police officials were planning very
carefully the arrangements to handle tomorrow`s protest by
Hazare and his team so as to avoid the situation like the one
at Ramlila Maidan in early June while evicting protesters led
by yoga guru Ramdev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read