Home Secy visits border areas, reviews security situation
Jammu: Union Home Secretary G K Pillai
today visited border areas of Suchetgarh and Abdullian in
Jammu region to review situation along the International
Pillai was accompanied by state Director General of
Police Kuldeep Khoda, Additional DG of CID K Rajindra and
senior officers of BSF, including IG Jammu frontier A K
Surrolia, officials said here.
Earlier, the home secretary visited Police Technical
Training Institute at Vijaypur and inaugurated a building and
also inspected a Model Police Station at Gandhi Nagar.
At a high level meeting of security agencies at Police
Headquarters here last evening, the Union Home Secretary
reviewed internal security and situation prevailing along the
Line of Control and IB in the state.
Pillai also discussed modernisation of police and
demand for raising up of more battalions in the state, they
He also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed
law and order and security situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!