Home Secy visits border areas, reviews security situation
Jammu: Union Home Secretary G K Pillai
today visited border areas of Suchetgarh and Abdullian in
Jammu region to review situation along the International
Pillai was accompanied by state Director General of
Police Kuldeep Khoda, Additional DG of CID K Rajindra and
senior officers of BSF, including IG Jammu frontier A K
Surrolia, officials said here.
Earlier, the home secretary visited Police Technical
Training Institute at Vijaypur and inaugurated a building and
also inspected a Model Police Station at Gandhi Nagar.
At a high level meeting of security agencies at Police
Headquarters here last evening, the Union Home Secretary
reviewed internal security and situation prevailing along the
Line of Control and IB in the state.
Pillai also discussed modernisation of police and
demand for raising up of more battalions in the state, they
He also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed
law and order and security situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah