Home Secy visits border areas, reviews security situation
Jammu: Union Home Secretary G K Pillai
today visited border areas of Suchetgarh and Abdullian in
Jammu region to review situation along the International
Pillai was accompanied by state Director General of
Police Kuldeep Khoda, Additional DG of CID K Rajindra and
senior officers of BSF, including IG Jammu frontier A K
Surrolia, officials said here.
Earlier, the home secretary visited Police Technical
Training Institute at Vijaypur and inaugurated a building and
also inspected a Model Police Station at Gandhi Nagar.
At a high level meeting of security agencies at Police
Headquarters here last evening, the Union Home Secretary
reviewed internal security and situation prevailing along the
Line of Control and IB in the state.
Pillai also discussed modernisation of police and
demand for raising up of more battalions in the state, they
He also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed
law and order and security situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’