Home Secy visits NCTC in the US
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary R K Singh has visited the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) in the United States and got a first-hand feel of the anti-terror hub despite opposition to a similar set up in India.
During his visit to the US last week to attend the third Indo-US strategic dialogue, Singh took time out and visited the NCTC in Virginia where he was given a presentation on the functioning of the key establishment.
Official sources said there is a vast difference between the NCTC in the US and the proposed anti-terror body in India.
The American agency does conduct operations while India proposed that its version would carry out specific intelligence based operations, an issue which has become a bone of contention with the states.
The proposed NCTC in India is facing strong opposition from non-Congress ruled states which fear that the anti-terror hub would infringe upon powers of the states and hurt the federal structure of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!