Home Secy visits NCTC in the US
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary R K Singh has visited the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) in the United States and got a first-hand feel of the anti-terror hub despite opposition to a similar set up in India.
During his visit to the US last week to attend the third Indo-US strategic dialogue, Singh took time out and visited the NCTC in Virginia where he was given a presentation on the functioning of the key establishment.
Official sources said there is a vast difference between the NCTC in the US and the proposed anti-terror body in India.
The American agency does conduct operations while India proposed that its version would carry out specific intelligence based operations, an issue which has become a bone of contention with the states.
The proposed NCTC in India is facing strong opposition from non-Congress ruled states which fear that the anti-terror hub would infringe upon powers of the states and hurt the federal structure of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"