Home Secy visits NCTC in the US
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary R K Singh has visited the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) in the United States and got a first-hand feel of the anti-terror hub despite opposition to a similar set up in India.
During his visit to the US last week to attend the third Indo-US strategic dialogue, Singh took time out and visited the NCTC in Virginia where he was given a presentation on the functioning of the key establishment.
Official sources said there is a vast difference between the NCTC in the US and the proposed anti-terror body in India.
The American agency does conduct operations while India proposed that its version would carry out specific intelligence based operations, an issue which has become a bone of contention with the states.
The proposed NCTC in India is facing strong opposition from non-Congress ruled states which fear that the anti-terror hub would infringe upon powers of the states and hurt the federal structure of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?