`Honest` people in Congress trapped in vicious circle: Ramdev
Guna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Tuesday said there are `honest` people in the Congress like Union Defence Minister AK Antony, but he too appears to be trapped in a vicious circle.
"There are honest people like Antony in the Congress, but he too appears to be trapped in a vicious circle," Ramdev told reporters while answering a question whether there are any honest leaders in the Congress party.
Ramdev said that earlier, he considered Prime Minister Manmohan Singh an honest person, but after Singh chose to remain silent about many wrongs, Ramdev changed his opinion about him.
The Yoga guru said that he did not find it necessary to respond to everything that Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said.
Before his visit to Guna, Ramdev also addressed a meeting at Raghogarh.
The Yoga guru said he supports Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, since he wanted to change the government at the Centre.
When asked why he did not join the saffron party, he ruled out joining the BJP or any other political party in future.
On the issue of US not granting visa to Modi, he said that it is not at all a parameter and had no meaning.
About the number of Modi`s ministers and officers in jail for their alleged roles in the Gujarat riots and fake encounters, Ramdev termed it a central government conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report