Honour for Nehru is honour for India: PM
Singapore: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday said Singapore`s decision to honour India`s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru with a bronze bust in the city-state was like honouring India.
"Jawaharlal Nehru was prescient when he said in 1946 that Singapore will become the city where Asian unity is forged. We are witnessing such unity being forged," Manmohan Singh said at the unveiling of the bust.
"In honouring Pandit Nehru today, you honour India and all the values that India stands for -- secularism, democracy, freedom and the rule of law. These are the values that continue to unite our two nations today," he said.
"In celebrating our path, the enhanced understanding of each other`s cultures inspire the younger generation and better prepare ourselves for the future," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?