Honour killings: Proposal to amend IPC under consideration
New Delhi: Government today said a
proposal to amend the Indian Penal Code to deal with honour
killings is under consideration.
The government, however, did not give any time frame
by when the amendment can be effected.
"A proposal to amend the laws including Indian Penal
code, 1860 to take care of situation arising out of honour
killings is under consideration of the government," Minister
of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha in
a written statement.
"As the amendment of law involves various stages of
consideration and wide consultation with state government and
stakeholders, no definite time-frame can be indicated to
effect the amendment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!