Honour killings: Proposal to amend IPC under consideration
New Delhi: Government today said a
proposal to amend the Indian Penal Code to deal with honour
killings is under consideration.
The government, however, did not give any time frame
by when the amendment can be effected.
"A proposal to amend the laws including Indian Penal
code, 1860 to take care of situation arising out of honour
killings is under consideration of the government," Minister
of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha in
a written statement.
"As the amendment of law involves various stages of
consideration and wide consultation with state government and
stakeholders, no definite time-frame can be indicated to
effect the amendment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city