Honour killings: Proposal to amend IPC under consideration
New Delhi: Government today said a
proposal to amend the Indian Penal Code to deal with honour
killings is under consideration.
The government, however, did not give any time frame
by when the amendment can be effected.
"A proposal to amend the laws including Indian Penal
code, 1860 to take care of situation arising out of honour
killings is under consideration of the government," Minister
of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha in
a written statement.
"As the amendment of law involves various stages of
consideration and wide consultation with state government and
stakeholders, no definite time-frame can be indicated to
effect the amendment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country