Hooda govt spent Rs 100 crore on advertisements
Chandigarh: The BJP has charged the
Haryana government with wasting public money by spending Rs
100 crore on advertisements before the model code of conduct
came into force in the state.
"Advertisements on TV news channels, radio and FM
focusing achievements of the Hooda government during the past
four-and-a-half years, were regularly flashed for 10-15 days
last month before the poll code came into effect. It wasted Rs
100 crore of public money on the ads," BJP general secretary
and party in-charge for Haryana affairs, Vijay Goel said.
He told reporters that a BJP delegation had also earlier
met the Election Commission and complained about the "wasteful
On one hand, the Centre was talking about austerity
measures and on the other the Congress government in Haryana
was allegedly indulging in wasteful expenditure, alleged Goel,
who was here in connection with filing of nomination papers by
BJP`s Panchkula candidate Gian Chand Gupta.
On the October 13 state assembly polls, Goel said that
the party, which is contesting on all the 90 seats
independently after it recently parted ways the INLD, has
fielded nearly 90 per cent of its candidates on 75 seats,
which are mostly youths.
When asked if the decision to field more youths was to
negate the "Rahul factor" (as Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi has been promoting youth), Goel said it had nothing to
do with that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report