Hooda hails Rahul’s decision to play greater role
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has welcomed Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s decision to play a greater role in the party and national affairs.
"I welcome Rahul Gandhi`s statement that he is going to play a bigger role in the party. I had also raised this issue in the Working Committee meeting," said Hooda.
Rahul Gandhi had on Thursday formally announced that he would now play a more active role in the party and the government.
"I will play a more active role in party and the government. The final decision is up to the Congress leadership," he said.
Rahul Gandhi`s decision will be widely welcomed by the ruling Congress party, which has been looking for a leader who could step in the shoes of Pranab Mukherjee and carry on the responsibilities of the party as well as the government on his shoulders.
Pranab Mukherjee, who resigned from the Union Cabinet last month, was the senior most member of the Congress Working Committee.
It may be recalled here that Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily and Union Law and Justice Minister Salman Khurshid had earlier this month lauded Rahul Gandhi`s efforts in reorganizing the Congress party.
Describing Rahul Gandhi as a ``magnet`` for the nation`s youth, Moily had earlier said the Congress general secretary had worked hard in attracting the youth of the country into the Congress fold.
"I must tell you that the kind of action that he has taken in organizing the party, reining the cadre, and particularly attracting the youth of the country into the Congress fold is unprecedented; no other leader has done it," said Moily.
Rahul Gandhi, the Member of Parliament of India representing the Amethi constituency, is the fourth-generation scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS