Hooda thanks UPA for naming Haryana`s Suhag next Army chief
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed gratitude to the UPA government at the Centre over the naming of Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who hails from the state, as the next Army Chief.
"Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag hails from Jhajjar district in Haryana and we are proud of our brave soldiers as every tenth soldier of the Armed Forces hails from the state," he said, according to an official release here.
The Chief Minister also congratulated Suhag for being named the new Army Chief and wished him good luck.
Hooda hoped that the Indian Army would be further strengthened and emerge stronger under the able leadership of the new Army Chief and this would also inspire more youth from Haryana to join the Armed Forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal