Hooda thanks UPA for naming Haryana`s Suhag next Army chief
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed gratitude to the UPA government at the Centre over the naming of Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who hails from the state, as the next Army Chief.
"Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag hails from Jhajjar district in Haryana and we are proud of our brave soldiers as every tenth soldier of the Armed Forces hails from the state," he said, according to an official release here.
The Chief Minister also congratulated Suhag for being named the new Army Chief and wished him good luck.
Hooda hoped that the Indian Army would be further strengthened and emerge stronger under the able leadership of the new Army Chief and this would also inspire more youth from Haryana to join the Armed Forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials