Hooda thanks UPA for naming Haryana`s Suhag next Army chief
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed gratitude to the UPA government at the Centre over the naming of Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who hails from the state, as the next Army Chief.
"Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag hails from Jhajjar district in Haryana and we are proud of our brave soldiers as every tenth soldier of the Armed Forces hails from the state," he said, according to an official release here.
The Chief Minister also congratulated Suhag for being named the new Army Chief and wished him good luck.
Hooda hoped that the Indian Army would be further strengthened and emerge stronger under the able leadership of the new Army Chief and this would also inspire more youth from Haryana to join the Armed Forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan