Hope Pak does not invent more questions on terror dossier: PC
New Delhi: India on Tuesday expressed
disappointment over Pakistan`s inaction to punish Mumbai
attackers and hoped that Islamabad will not invent new
questions as part of its dilly-dallying tactics.
Home Minister P Chidambaram said India had handed over to
Pakistan yet another dossier in connection with the probe into
the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
"I hope that they will not be able to invent more
questions," he said at a press conference when asked about
repeated queries raised by Islamabad on information provided
The Home Minister said he was disappointed with Pakistan
on two accounts -- it`s "non-serious" approach in punishing
the perpetrators of Mumbai attacks and the presence of terror
infrastructure across the border.
"Pakistan is not serious about prosecuting and punishing
those responsible for perpetrating the Mumbai attack. They are
still in Pakistani soil," he said.
Chidambaram also said the terror infrastructure, which
helped attacks like the one in Mumbai to be carried out, was
intact across the border.
"That is my complaint against Pakistan and that is my
disappointment with Pakistan," he said.
India had handed the latest dossier to Pakistan on
August 22 for action against Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) founder
Hafiz Saeed, a prime accused in the 26/11 attacks, saying
there was "cogent and convincing evidence" to prosecute
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read