Hopeful of a solution on Lokpal today: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday expressed hope of finding a solution to issues relating to the Lokpal Bill.
The Congress party held a meeting today to discuss the Lokpal impasse.
On Wednesday, the PM admitted that the government was in a "bind" from which it has to come out, adding that "practical and pragmatic" solutions have to be found to the Lokpal issue.
However, the Prime Minister indicated that the government does not favour withdrawal of the Lokpal Bill already introduced by it in Parliament and being considered by a Standing Committee.
Singh shook his head to indicate this when asked whether the government would accept the demand of major opposition parties for withdrawal of the government Bill and its replacement by a fresh Bill incorporating clauses from drafts from various quarters.
Singh also said Hazare should listen to the unanimous sentiment of all parties and end his fast.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery