Hopeful of a solution on Lokpal today: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday expressed hope of finding a solution to issues relating to the Lokpal Bill.
The Congress party held a meeting today to discuss the Lokpal impasse.
On Wednesday, the PM admitted that the government was in a "bind" from which it has to come out, adding that "practical and pragmatic" solutions have to be found to the Lokpal issue.
However, the Prime Minister indicated that the government does not favour withdrawal of the Lokpal Bill already introduced by it in Parliament and being considered by a Standing Committee.
Singh shook his head to indicate this when asked whether the government would accept the demand of major opposition parties for withdrawal of the government Bill and its replacement by a fresh Bill incorporating clauses from drafts from various quarters.
Singh also said Hazare should listen to the unanimous sentiment of all parties and end his fast.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India