Housing facility for BPL people by 2017: Govt
Hyderabad: The Central government aims to
provide a house to every person living Below Poverty Line by
2017, a Union minister said here Wednesday.
"The target is to provide a house to every person living
below the Below Poverty Line by 2017. The Ministry of Rural
Development is confident that the target will be achieved,"
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradip Jain `Aditya`
Jain was speaking after inaugurating a two-day workshop
on rural housing at the National Institute of Rural
The government provides Rs 45,000 to the BPL people for
housing purpose under the rural housing initiatives, Jain
said, adding Rs 10,000 is provided by financial institutions.
He hoped that rural development experts and professionals
would come up with designs to build houses in rural areas
which would take care of the environment aspect and health of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary
- Wanted gangster Kumar Pillai, held in Singapore, extradited to Mumbai
- Sensex shrugs off Brexit fears, climbs 82 points
- Yazidi victim demands genocide trial for Islamic State leaders