Housing facility for BPL people by 2017: Govt
Hyderabad: The Central government aims to
provide a house to every person living Below Poverty Line by
2017, a Union minister said here Wednesday.
"The target is to provide a house to every person living
below the Below Poverty Line by 2017. The Ministry of Rural
Development is confident that the target will be achieved,"
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradip Jain `Aditya`
Jain was speaking after inaugurating a two-day workshop
on rural housing at the National Institute of Rural
The government provides Rs 45,000 to the BPL people for
housing purpose under the rural housing initiatives, Jain
said, adding Rs 10,000 is provided by financial institutions.
He hoped that rural development experts and professionals
would come up with designs to build houses in rural areas
which would take care of the environment aspect and health of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers