Housing facility for BPL people by 2017: Govt
Hyderabad: The Central government aims to
provide a house to every person living Below Poverty Line by
2017, a Union minister said here Wednesday.
"The target is to provide a house to every person living
below the Below Poverty Line by 2017. The Ministry of Rural
Development is confident that the target will be achieved,"
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradip Jain `Aditya`
Jain was speaking after inaugurating a two-day workshop
on rural housing at the National Institute of Rural
The government provides Rs 45,000 to the BPL people for
housing purpose under the rural housing initiatives, Jain
said, adding Rs 10,000 is provided by financial institutions.
He hoped that rural development experts and professionals
would come up with designs to build houses in rural areas
which would take care of the environment aspect and health of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow update