How can BJP demand PM`s resignation: Narayanasamy
Bhubaneshwar: Lashing out at the Bharatiya Janata Party for disrupting the Monsoon Session, Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy on Thursday said that all political parties, except BJP, wanted a debate on coal scam.
“The BJP did not allow important bills to be passed, did not allow important decisions to be made,” alleged Narayanasamy while addressing a press conference here.
Furthermore, Narayansamy said the figures mentioned in the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on the coal blocks allocation were inaccurate, and did not mention that it is a scam, or Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is at fault.
“How can BJP demand PM`s resignation,” he asked.
Hitting out at the BJP, Narayansamy said there was no transparency in coal blocks allocation during NDA regime. The principal opposition party is misleading nation on coal black issue, said the minister.
Accusing the then BJP ruled states of rejecting the auction route for allocation of coal blocks, Narayansamy said: “When the Prime Minister wanted to amend the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, the states were consulted. The Madhya Pradesh chief minister opposed the auction, Odisha CM said no to the auction, Chhattisgarh opposed the auction, West Bengal and Jharkhand opposed the auction. This is the double standard of the BJP.”
He further accused the BJP of destabilising the nation.
“BJP has no faith in democratic bodies. BJP’s game plan is to destabilise the country,” Narayanasamy said.
BJP members have been demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister over CAG`s findings on coal block allocation, which according to the auditor led to "undue benefits" to private parties to the tune of Rs 1.86 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar