New Delhi: The following is the summary of monetary benefits MPs are entitled to as salary and other perks which were Friday proposed to be hiked manifold.
Each MP gets:
- Basic salary of Rs.16,000. The salary has been hiked by 300 percent as proposed by the cabinet.
- Daily allowance of Rs.1,000 for each day when parliament is in session or taking part in house committee meetings. This has been doubled.
- Constituency allowance of Rs.20,000 a month. This has been doubled.
- Office expense allowance of Rs.20,000 each month. Also doubled.
- Conveyance allowance of Rs.1 lakh, which has gone up to Rs.4 lakh now.
- Spouses of MPs get free train travel from their place of residence to Delhi. They also get up to eight free plane tickets from their place of residence to Delhi.