Howrah-Mumbai Duranto Express begins its inaugural run
Kolkata: The bi-weekly Howrah-Mumbai Duranto
Express (2262) began its inaugural run from here on Monday.
The non-stop train would take just a little more than
26 hours to reach CSTM station covering a distance of more
than 1,860 kilometers.
Keeping her Railway Budget promise of introducing
non-stop air-conditioned trains connecting four metros of
Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai, Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee had flagged off the first Duranto Express between
Sealdah and Delhi on September 18.
This is an interesting soup made of bacon, shallots, baked potatoes and cheese.
• 10 Bacon slices
• 2/3 Cup margarine
• 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
• 6 Cups milk
• 4 Large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 3 Green onions, chopped
• 1 1/4 Cups cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 Cup sour cream
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Ground black pepper
• Place bacon slices in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat till brown.
• Drain, crumble and set aside.
• In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
• Whisk in flour until smooth.
• Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly, until thickened.
• Stir in potatoes and onions.
• Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
• Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
• Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
• Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj