Howrah-Mumbai Duranto Express begins its inaugural run
The bi-weekly Howrah-Mumbai Duranto Express (2262) began its inaugural run from here on Monday.
Kolkata: The bi-weekly Howrah-Mumbai Duranto
Express (2262) began its inaugural run from here on Monday.
The non-stop train would take just a little more than
26 hours to reach CSTM station covering a distance of more
than 1,860 kilometers.
Keeping her Railway Budget promise of introducing
non-stop air-conditioned trains connecting four metros of
Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai, Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee had flagged off the first Duranto Express between
Sealdah and Delhi on September 18.
This is an interesting soup made of bacon, shallots, baked potatoes and cheese.
• 10 Bacon slices
• 2/3 Cup margarine
• 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
• 6 Cups milk
• 4 Large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 3 Green onions, chopped
• 1 1/4 Cups cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 Cup sour cream
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Ground black pepper
• Place bacon slices in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat till brown.
• Drain, crumble and set aside.
• In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat.
• Whisk in flour until smooth.
• Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly, until thickened.
• Stir in potatoes and onions.
• Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
• Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
• Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
• Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.