HRD ministry an important area: Shashi Tharoor
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, who has made a comeback in the Union Ministry as Minister of State for HRD, on Sunday expressed his eagerness to make a
significant contribution in the key department.
"HRD Ministry is an important area. If we can`t educate and train our people we will not be able to take advantage of extra ordinary dividend we have," Tharoor said after the swearing-in ceremony here.
Tharoor had to quit as MoS External Affairs in April 2010 in the wake of allegations of wrongdoing in buying stakes in an IPL team.
He said "We have 545 million under the age of 25. We have got to give them a future and clearly the ministry has a lot to do with that. Even if the time span of this parliament is only a year and half, we are very confident we can make a significant contribution during the time."
On becoming a minister again, he said "I am very grateful to be part of the team. I am grateful for the confidence that has been placed on me. I came back to India after a long time away in order to take contribution to our country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah