HRD ministry assures Bar Council on proposed Bill
New Delhi: The Human Resource Development ministry has assured the Bar Council of India that its powers will not be affected by the proposed Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
"The Bar Council of India has informed that the Hon`ble Human Resource Development minister vide his letters dated July 6, 2012 and July 30, 2012 has assured that the powers of the BCI in relation to educational institutions leading to grant of degree for the practice of law shall not be affected by the proposed Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011," Law Minister Salman Khurshid said replying to a question.
He also said that the Bill provides for constitution of Expert Advisory Groups and the head of the Bar Council shall preside over the Expert Advisory Group concerning legal education.
"The Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011, has been referred to the Department-- related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Human Resource Development and is pending consideration before the committee," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan