HRD ministry assures Bar Council on proposed Bill
New Delhi: The Human Resource Development ministry has assured the Bar Council of India that its powers will not be affected by the proposed Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
"The Bar Council of India has informed that the Hon`ble Human Resource Development minister vide his letters dated July 6, 2012 and July 30, 2012 has assured that the powers of the BCI in relation to educational institutions leading to grant of degree for the practice of law shall not be affected by the proposed Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011," Law Minister Salman Khurshid said replying to a question.
He also said that the Bill provides for constitution of Expert Advisory Groups and the head of the Bar Council shall preside over the Expert Advisory Group concerning legal education.
"The Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011, has been referred to the Department-- related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Human Resource Development and is pending consideration before the committee," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic