HRD Ministry comes to aid of Leh family
New Delhi: Moved by the grief of a family in
Leh which lost their elder daughter, a topper in her class in
a Chandigarh school, to the devastating flash floods, the HRD
Ministry has decided to extend support for education of the
younger daughter and has announced compensation for them.
The Ministry has decided to extend the last date for
admission of Dolma family`s younger daughter Skalzang in the
Jawahar Navadaya Vidyalaya in Chandigarh, the same school
where her elder sister Denchen was studying.
The development came after HRD Minister Kapil Sibal
intervened following media reports about the tragedy that had
befallen the Dolma family. He also announced a compensation of
Rs 50,000 to Denchen`s family, said a HRD official.
Denchen was on her summer vacation to her native village
in Ladakh when the flash floods claimed her life. Her mother
Stanzan and her younger sister were, however, saved.
"Skalzang will be admitted and given extension to join.
Her admission remains valid," the official said.
Stanzan had feared that Skalzang, seeking admission to
class VI, would fail to reach Chandigarh before the last date
The Ministry has also decided that her schooling will be
free and she will be provided transport to travel to
Chandigarh from Leh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India