HRD Ministry to get Rs 2.31 lakh crore for RTE: FM
Kolkata: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
today said the Human Resource Development ministry would be
allocated Rs 2.31 lakh crore over the next three years to set
up infrastructure for implementing the Right to Education.
"The HRD minister has said that Rs 2,31,000 crore will be
required for implementing RTE in the next three years for
setting up schools, appointment of teachers and building of
infrastructure. I said that the money will be provided,"
Mukherjee said at a seminar here.
Mukherjee`s comments come against the backdrop of a
government decision recently to embark upon a nationwide
consultation process with stakeholders to overcome teething
troubles in implementing the Right To Education (RTE) Act.
The first meeting will be held on August 14, in which all
issues pertaining to implementation of the law will be
discussed, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal had told reporters here
"There are many issues in implementation of the RTE law.
We are meeting the principals and all the stakeholders on
August 14 to find out the problems and discuss the way out,"
he had said.
Mukherjee also said at the seminar on `Economic vision of
Indian National Congress` here that the government would
provide legal teeth to the Right to Health and Right to Food
through a legal enactment.
He said providing such rights and budgetary support to
implement those programmes were made possible because of the
economic growth that India has achieved over the last few
"It was not possible in the Eighties. But now, I am
confident to provide budgetary support for bringing in an
all-inclusive growth," Mukherjee said.
The government was also determined to give 25 kilos of
rice or wheat to the BPL families at a pre-determined price of
Rs three per kilo irrespective of the market rates, he added.
Mukherjee said the Congress had always set the economic
agenda of the country irrespective of its merits or demerits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door