Hu holds talks with Medvedev
New Delhi: Chinese President Hu Jintao and his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev held bilateral talks here on Wednesday on international and regional issues of common concern.
Both the leaders, who are in New Delhi to attend fourth
BRICS Summit tomorrow, exchanged views on bilateral ties and
discussed their cooperation in strategic areas, sources said.
Last year, during the state visit of Hu to Russia, the two
countries agreed to develop a comprehensive strategic
cooperative partnership featuring equality, mutual trust,
mutual support, common prosperity and lasting friendship in
the new decade.
The two countries also agreed to boost bilateral trade
with the goals of reaching 100 billion U.S. dollars by 2015
and 200 billion dollars in 2020 and enhance cooperation in
In 2011, their bilateral trade reached a record high of
79.2 billion dollars.
Later, Medvedev also held bilateral talks with his South
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31