Hu holds talks with Medvedev
New Delhi: Chinese President Hu Jintao and his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev held bilateral talks here on Wednesday on international and regional issues of common concern.
Both the leaders, who are in New Delhi to attend fourth
BRICS Summit tomorrow, exchanged views on bilateral ties and
discussed their cooperation in strategic areas, sources said.
Last year, during the state visit of Hu to Russia, the two
countries agreed to develop a comprehensive strategic
cooperative partnership featuring equality, mutual trust,
mutual support, common prosperity and lasting friendship in
the new decade.
The two countries also agreed to boost bilateral trade
with the goals of reaching 100 billion U.S. dollars by 2015
and 200 billion dollars in 2020 and enhance cooperation in
In 2011, their bilateral trade reached a record high of
79.2 billion dollars.
Later, Medvedev also held bilateral talks with his South
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what