Huge Indian package for Nepal during Narendra Modi`s visit likely
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday lauded the government for its efforts in ensuring safe return of Indians from strife- torn Iraq and expressed hope that the remaining stranded countrymen would also be brought back safely to their motherland.
"We are grateful to the Narendra Modi-led Indian government for the way they have come to the aid of stranded Indians in Iraq and ensuring their safe return," BJP`s media cell in-charge, Shrikant Sharma said.
Complimenting the efforts of the External Affairs Ministry in reaching out to the stranded Indians in Iraq, he said the safe return of some Indians was ensured by them under such trying conditions prevailing in the war-torn country.
"We hope that with its continued efforts the Ministry will help every Indian lodged in Iraq to return to their motherland safely," he said.
A special Air India flight carrying 46 Indian nurses set free by Sunni militants ISIS in Iraq and 137 others arrived in India today.
Besides the nurses, the plane is also carrying 137 other Indian nationals, including 70 from Kirkuk in the northern part of Iraq.
An Air India spokesperson in Kochi said there are 183 passengers, including 23 crew members and three government officials, including a joint-secretary level IFS officer and an IAS woman officer from Kerala on board the flight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi