Huge rush at Vaishnodevi, 41 lakh devotees pray
Jammu: Nearly 41 lakh devotees from across the country have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, marking an increase of over four lakh from the corresponding period last year.
"There is a huge rush of devotees to the shrine this year. Only today, around 40,000 devotees have registered for darshan," an official of the Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (MVDSB) said.
He said that with summer vacation still on, the number of devotees is expected to swell in the coming days.
"So far 40,99,384 pilgrims have visited the shrine this year, whereas in the corresponding period last year only 36,88,478 devotees had paid obeisance at the shrine. This is an increase of 4,10,906," he said.
Last year, a record of over one crore devotees had visited the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed