Huge rush at Vaishnodevi, 41 lakh devotees pray
Jammu: Nearly 41 lakh devotees from across the country have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, marking an increase of over four lakh from the corresponding period last year.
"There is a huge rush of devotees to the shrine this year. Only today, around 40,000 devotees have registered for darshan," an official of the Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (MVDSB) said.
He said that with summer vacation still on, the number of devotees is expected to swell in the coming days.
"So far 40,99,384 pilgrims have visited the shrine this year, whereas in the corresponding period last year only 36,88,478 devotees had paid obeisance at the shrine. This is an increase of 4,10,906," he said.
Last year, a record of over one crore devotees had visited the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'