HuJI claims responsibility for Delhi High Court blast
New Delhi: Even as the investigating agencies are trying to piece together various inputs to crack the Delhi High court blast case, the Pakistan-based terrorist outfit Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) has claimed responsibility for it.
As per reports, HuJI has sent an email claiming responsibility for the blast outside Delhi High Court this morning.
“We own the responsibility for today`s blasts at Delhi high court. Our demand is that Mohammed Afzal Guru`s death sentence should be repealed immediately else we would target major high courts and the Supreme Court of India," the email sent by HuJI said.
A 20-member team led by the National Investigations Agency (NIA) is examining the email sent by HuJI.
Reacting to HuJI’s e-mail, NIA chief SK Sinha said the mail sent is being looked at since HuJI was involved in the Mumbai blasts also.
HuJI`s hand is suspected in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack at Chabad House in Colaba.
Meanwhile, the government has handed over the Delhi High Court blast case to the NIA.
At least eleven people were killed and over sixty others injured when a high-intensity blast went off outside the Gate number 5 of the Delhi High Court.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- Twitterati blast Arvind Kejriwal for mocking PM Narendra Modi - Know why Delhi CM came under fire
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader
- Raging Uttarakhand forest fire can melt glaciers faster, say experts
- North Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test