HuJI militant held near border
Shillong: A HuJI militant was Sunday arrested by the BSF in Dhubri district of Assam when he was
trying to infiltrate into India from Bangladesh, officials
The militant, identified as Abdual salam alias
Sahidul, was caught at Golokganj in the wee hours, BSF
spokesman Ravi Gandhi said here.
A resident of Jatrapur in Kurigram district of
Bangladesh, the Harkat-Ul-Jihad-Al Islami (HuJI) militant had
crossed the border for some "specific task", Gandhi said.
One revolver, two mobile handsets and as many SIM
cards were seized from him.
Dhubri Superintendent of Police Deepak Choudhury said over phone that the militant`s joint interrogation was on
by the police and BSF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?