HuJI militant held near border
Shillong: A HuJI militant was Sunday arrested by the BSF in Dhubri district of Assam when he was
trying to infiltrate into India from Bangladesh, officials
The militant, identified as Abdual salam alias
Sahidul, was caught at Golokganj in the wee hours, BSF
spokesman Ravi Gandhi said here.
A resident of Jatrapur in Kurigram district of
Bangladesh, the Harkat-Ul-Jihad-Al Islami (HuJI) militant had
crossed the border for some "specific task", Gandhi said.
One revolver, two mobile handsets and as many SIM
cards were seized from him.
Dhubri Superintendent of Police Deepak Choudhury said over phone that the militant`s joint interrogation was on
by the police and BSF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh