HuJI militant held near border
Shillong: A HuJI militant was Sunday arrested by the BSF in Dhubri district of Assam when he was
trying to infiltrate into India from Bangladesh, officials
The militant, identified as Abdual salam alias
Sahidul, was caught at Golokganj in the wee hours, BSF
spokesman Ravi Gandhi said here.
A resident of Jatrapur in Kurigram district of
Bangladesh, the Harkat-Ul-Jihad-Al Islami (HuJI) militant had
crossed the border for some "specific task", Gandhi said.
One revolver, two mobile handsets and as many SIM
cards were seized from him.
Dhubri Superintendent of Police Deepak Choudhury said over phone that the militant`s joint interrogation was on
by the police and BSF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'