Human rights not `exclusive` to Maoists: BJP
New Delhi: Condemning the Maoists for planting a bomb inside the body of a dead trooper in Jharkhand, the BJP Thursday called on human rights activists to condemn the act, and added that human rights were not exclusive to Maoists.
"Repeatedly we hear human rights activists speak about the rights of Maoists, but today I would like to remind you that human rights are not exclusive to them. What about the rights of police and soldiers," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman said.
"In a most inhumane way, IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) are being attached to soldiers` dead bodies. Some of the bombs are even being planted inside their bodies," she told reporters here.
Terming the act `barbaric`, Sitaraman said the Maoists should understand the implication of what they had done.
"Nothing can justify this, this is equivalent to terrorism. The BJP condemns this and calls upon all human rights activists to voice their views on this matter," she said.
She further said that the central and state governments needed to work closely to tackle the issue, as the problem of Maoism is spread across several states.
"The government should take a serious look at how they are handling the issue," she said.
Maoists cut open the stomach of a dead trooper to plant a bomb inside. Doctors conducting an autopsy in a Ranchi hospital discovered the bomb and raised an alarm.
The body was of one of 11 Central Reserve Police Force troopers who had been killed in an ambush at Latehar district, 110 km from Ranchi, Tuesday. The bodies of four of the dead troopers had been discovered Wednesday, and taken to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi, for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you