Human traffickers having links with Pak nationals arrested
New Delhi: A 44-year-old woman and her
associate, allegedly running a human trafficking racket with
the help of three Bangkok-based Pakistanis, were arrested in
the national capital, police said today.
Chung Chung Doma Bhutia, hailing from Gangtok, and
Naseemuddin (29) were arrested and two fake visa stickers of
Canada, 15 Indian passports and nine Nepali passports were
recovered from them.
"They were running the racket with the help of Shah
Sahib, Azhar Bhatt and Sahfiq Bhat, all of them Pakistanis,
based in Bangkok," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special
Cell) Alok Kumar said.
Bhutia was arrested from Gandhi Vihar yesterday
following investigations into a tip off about her activities.
Her interrogation led to the arrest of Naseemuddin from
She told police that she procures forged visa stickers
from Shah Sahib and provided the same to people desiring to
travel abroad in lieu of a huge amount. They also managed to
send seven persons to Bangkok, who were to further proceed to
Canada or other European countries.
"They charged Rs 6.5 lakh per person and got Rs one
lakh as their share in the deal," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik detained in Srinagar ahead of Thursday's shutdown
- IPL 2016: Revealed – This is Sunrisers Hyderabad's Mustafizur Rahman’s biggest fear!
- Centre renames disability department; 'viklang' to be called as 'divyang'