Human traffickers having links with Pak nationals arrested
New Delhi: A 44-year-old woman and her
associate, allegedly running a human trafficking racket with
the help of three Bangkok-based Pakistanis, were arrested in
the national capital, police said today.
Chung Chung Doma Bhutia, hailing from Gangtok, and
Naseemuddin (29) were arrested and two fake visa stickers of
Canada, 15 Indian passports and nine Nepali passports were
recovered from them.
"They were running the racket with the help of Shah
Sahib, Azhar Bhatt and Sahfiq Bhat, all of them Pakistanis,
based in Bangkok," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special
Cell) Alok Kumar said.
Bhutia was arrested from Gandhi Vihar yesterday
following investigations into a tip off about her activities.
Her interrogation led to the arrest of Naseemuddin from
She told police that she procures forged visa stickers
from Shah Sahib and provided the same to people desiring to
travel abroad in lieu of a huge amount. They also managed to
send seven persons to Bangkok, who were to further proceed to
Canada or other European countries.
"They charged Rs 6.5 lakh per person and got Rs one
lakh as their share in the deal," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail