Hyd blasts: Yasin Bhatkal sent in judicial remand till Oct 17
Hyderabad: Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was today sent in judicial remand by a local court till October 17 in connection with the February 21 Dilsuknagar twin blasts case.
Bhatkal was produced by NIA officials before the Court of First Additional Metropolitan Session Judge here amid heavy security, who sent him in judicial remand till October 17.
The judge asked him his name and to which place he belongs, to which the accused replied as Yasin Bhatkal and informed that he is a native of Bhatkal in Karnataka.
The judge further probed on whether the police treated him properly to which he replied in a affirmative nod.
Subsequently, Bhatkal was handed over a copy of remand report.
On September 21, he was granted two days transit remand by a Delhi court after his arrest by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and was brought to the city yesterday from Delhi.
Bhatkal has been named as accused number five in the Dilsuknagar twin blasts case.
Asadullah Akhtar, an alleged close associate of Bhatkal, who was earlier arrested by NIA, is presently being interrogated after a local court sent him in 15-day custody of the NIA on September 19.
Seventeen people were killed and 100 others injured in the blasts that were triggered by powerful IEDs planted near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in Dilsukhnagar, a crowded shopping area in the city on February 21 this year.
After an initial probe by Andhra Pradesh police, the NIA had taken over the case.
Bhatkal and Asadullah, suspected of carrying out several blasts across the country, were arrested by security agencies on the Indo-Nepal border last month.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- CGBSE 10th HS Results 2016: Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh CG Board (Class 10 X) High School Exam Results 2016 tomorrow on April 28
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters