Hyd-bound Indigo flight receives bomb threat; one held
New Delhi: A Hyderabad-bound Indigo flight
received a bomb threat from an anonymous caller on Sunday night,
forcing authorities to take up emergency measures and evacuate
the passengers at the airport here.
Meanwhile, Delhi police arrested a man in connection with the alleged
hoax call of a bomb inside the Delhi-Hyderabad bound plane.
The 164 people on board the plane, including five crew
members, were safely evacuated and the aircraft was moved to
the isolation bay, officials said.
The plane, which was scheduled for departure at 8.55 pm,
is now surrounded by CISF personnel and bomb squads to scan
for any explosives.
The unidentified caller made the threat call at the
flight`s call centre office at 8.30 pm, claiming explosives
are on the plane, a senior CISF official said.
Airport security officials said the number has been
traced to a PCO in Yamuna Vihar. They have already informed
Delhi police regarding the call.
Passengers were deboarded and taken to the terminal
building for second security check. Anti-sabotage checks are
being carried out on the aircraft.
A CISF official said once all the checks are complete
then only will they clear Delhi-Hyderabad flight 6E 307.
"Our call centre received a threat and we instantly acted
and grounded the flight. All passengers are safe," an Indigo
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' joins Rs 200 crore club in India
- Now, AAP demands 'dope test' on parliamentarians
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: 10 key facts you must know
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt notifies revised pay grades for employees, pensioners