Hyd shootout: LeT-linked grp claims responsibility
Hyderabad: Claiming responsibility for
Friday’s killing of a constable here, a little known
city-based group having alleged links with LeT and SIMI has
warned of more "revenge attacks" if perpetrators of the Mecca
Masjid firing were not brought to book.
Police found a CD near the place where the constable
died after the firing by unidentified motorcycle-borne
assailants in the Old City area here.
The CD contained neither any audio nor video, but had
a letter in Urdu attributed to Tehrik-e-Galiba Islam warning
of more attacks if the government fails to order arrest of
those responsible for police firing after May 18 Mecca Masjid
blast in Hyderabad three years ago, police said.
The group said several innocent Muslims were killed in
the police firing immediately after the blast, adding it would
take revenge if government failed to arrest those involved in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?