Hyderabad blasts: 11 dead, 50 injured, toll may go up, says Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: At least 11 people were killed and 50 injured in two near simultaneous blasts in Hyderabad and the death toll could go up, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Thursday night.
Asked whether it was a terror attack, the minister said "it was too early to say anything and only an investigation will reveal it".
He said the two bombs were placed within a radius of 100 to 150 metres in Dilsukhnagar area in the Andhra Pradesh capital and placed in two bicycles.
"There were two blasts in Dilsukhnagar. I have spoken to the Chief Minister (Kiran Kumar Reddy) and he told me that the bombs were placed in two cycles and in one place eight people were killed and in other place three people were killed. 50 people were also injured," he told reporters here.
Asked whether the death toll could go up, the Home Minister said "it is possible that death toll will rise".
Asked whether the blasts had any links with the arrest of MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, who was in jail for allegedly delivering an inflammatory speech, he said, "there is nothing like that".
Shinde said the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister was in the spot and he told him that there was similar blast nearby Gokul Chat five years ago.
The Home Minister said the security agencies had information for the last two days about possible attack by terrorists which was shared with all the states.
He said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had been informed and teams of National Investigation Agency and NSG`s bomb disposal squad had been rushed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog