Hyderabad blasts: 11 dead, 50 injured, toll may go up, says Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: At least 11 people were killed and 50 injured in two near simultaneous blasts in Hyderabad and the death toll could go up, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Thursday night.
Asked whether it was a terror attack, the minister said "it was too early to say anything and only an investigation will reveal it".
He said the two bombs were placed within a radius of 100 to 150 metres in Dilsukhnagar area in the Andhra Pradesh capital and placed in two bicycles.
"There were two blasts in Dilsukhnagar. I have spoken to the Chief Minister (Kiran Kumar Reddy) and he told me that the bombs were placed in two cycles and in one place eight people were killed and in other place three people were killed. 50 people were also injured," he told reporters here.
Asked whether the death toll could go up, the Home Minister said "it is possible that death toll will rise".
Asked whether the blasts had any links with the arrest of MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, who was in jail for allegedly delivering an inflammatory speech, he said, "there is nothing like that".
Shinde said the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister was in the spot and he told him that there was similar blast nearby Gokul Chat five years ago.
The Home Minister said the security agencies had information for the last two days about possible attack by terrorists which was shared with all the states.
He said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had been informed and teams of National Investigation Agency and NSG`s bomb disposal squad had been rushed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!