Hyderabad blasts: BJP blames Pakistan, wants scaled-down ties
Hyderabad: Blaming Pakistan for the terror attacks in Hyderabad, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday asked the government to scale down relations with Pakistan and stop confidence building measures for the time being.
"There are no two opinions that all terrorist activities are sponsored by Pakistan and ISI. In such a situation, there is no meaning of continuing confidence building process. For the time being, the government should take a firm decision to stop confidence building measures," BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
"The diplomatic relations with Pakistan should be scaled down," he said.
Rajnath Singh alleged that the government lacked conviction to root out terrorism and that it never registered its protest against Pakistan strongly.
Describing Hyderabad as the epicentre of terrorist activities, he alleged that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is soft towards terrorism due to vote bank politics.
Addressing a news conference after visiting the blast sites and calling on the injured at hospitals, the BJP chief asked the government to accept the challenge thrown by the terrorists and assured full support from his party.
He claimed that the sleeper modules of terrorists were not present just in Hyderabad but other cities in the country as well.
Rajnath Singh blamed the central and the state governments for their failure to prevent the attacks despite intelligence reports and the investigations by Delhi Police, which revealed that the terrorists had conducted recce of various areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video