Hyderabad blasts: BJP blames Pakistan, wants scaled-down ties
Hyderabad: Blaming Pakistan for the terror attacks in Hyderabad, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday asked the government to scale down relations with Pakistan and stop confidence building measures for the time being.
"There are no two opinions that all terrorist activities are sponsored by Pakistan and ISI. In such a situation, there is no meaning of continuing confidence building process. For the time being, the government should take a firm decision to stop confidence building measures," BJP president Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
"The diplomatic relations with Pakistan should be scaled down," he said.
Rajnath Singh alleged that the government lacked conviction to root out terrorism and that it never registered its protest against Pakistan strongly.
Describing Hyderabad as the epicentre of terrorist activities, he alleged that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is soft towards terrorism due to vote bank politics.
Addressing a news conference after visiting the blast sites and calling on the injured at hospitals, the BJP chief asked the government to accept the challenge thrown by the terrorists and assured full support from his party.
He claimed that the sleeper modules of terrorists were not present just in Hyderabad but other cities in the country as well.
Rajnath Singh blamed the central and the state governments for their failure to prevent the attacks despite intelligence reports and the investigations by Delhi Police, which revealed that the terrorists had conducted recce of various areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow