Hyderabad blasts: Maha ATS to question 2 Pune blast accused
Mumbai: The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) Court here Monday allowed Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) to interrogate two accused in connection with the last week`s Hyderabad blasts.
Firoze Sayyed and Irfan Landge, the two accused, are among the eight persons arrested by ATS in connection with blasts on Pune`s Jangli Maharaj road last year.
"We had sought permission to interrogate Firoze and Irfan in connection with Hyderabad blasts case and the court has granted us the permission," said an ATS officer.
Sixteen people were killed and over 118 persons were injured in the February 21 twin blasts at Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad. Maharashtra ATS are already helping the Andhra Pradesh police and NIA in the investigation of the blasts.
On August 1 last year, four co-ordinated low-intensity explosions struck a busy arterial road in the heart of Pune, injuring one person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue