Hyderabad blasts – revenge for Afzal Guru’s hanging?
New Delhi: The deadly twin blasts that rocked Hyderabad yesterday were planned and executed to take revenge for the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, sources told Zee News on Friday.
The plan to launch terror strikes in India was hatched at a meeting of the United Jihad Council in Pakistan that was held days after Afzal was hanged on February 9. The meeting was attended by the top brass of various terror groups including Lashkar-e-Toiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, HuJI and Hizbul Mujahideen.
Chanting anti-India slogans, leaders of the LeT, JeM, Al Badr Mujahideen, Jamiat-ul-Mujahideen, Harkat-ul-Mujahideen made fiery speeches in which they pledged to continue their jihad in Jammu and Kashmir and other parts of India
The actual ground work for the bombing was carried out by members of Indian Mujahideen, reports said.
Following receipt of strong intelligence from Pakistan, the security agencies had issued warnings on February 16, 19 and 20 to all state governments.
The February 20 advisory said the banned Indian Mujahideen too may carry out terror attacks to avenge the hanging of Kasab and Afzal.
15 people were killed and over 100 others injured when two powerful blasts ripped through Dil Sukh Nagar area near to the old city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune