Hyderabad blasts: ‘Routine’ statements not enough, says Swaraj
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj slammed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday and termed his statement on the Hyderabad blasts as ‘routine’.
“Routine statements are not enough,” said Swaraj. Cornering the government in view of reports that the Centre had prior intelligence on the possibility of a terror strike, she said, ‘The Centre`s role doesn`t end after warning states about terror threats. If the Centre had information, then why did it not do anything to prevent the blasts?”
She said that the time is not to play blame games but to stand united.
Earlier in the day, she said, ``We can be united only when our thoughts in fighting terror are similar. The Home Minister himself is saying that he gave the information. But, if there was information, the blame doubles. If there was information, what was the Centre, the state doing?``
``The nation needs to be united; the political parties need to get united. The moment that happens, we will be capable of fighting terror," Swaraj said in the Lok Sabha.
Asserting that terrorists have no religion, Sushma said: "Terrorists only follow the code of terrorism. We need to be united against terrorism."
She further said that this is not the moment to lay blame, but to work together to combat terrorism.
Both houses of the house witnessed pandemonium today with the Opposition demanding answers from the government on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened