Hyderabad blasts: ‘Routine’ statements not enough, says Swaraj
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj slammed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday and termed his statement on the Hyderabad blasts as ‘routine’.
“Routine statements are not enough,” said Swaraj. Cornering the government in view of reports that the Centre had prior intelligence on the possibility of a terror strike, she said, ‘The Centre`s role doesn`t end after warning states about terror threats. If the Centre had information, then why did it not do anything to prevent the blasts?”
She said that the time is not to play blame games but to stand united.
Earlier in the day, she said, ``We can be united only when our thoughts in fighting terror are similar. The Home Minister himself is saying that he gave the information. But, if there was information, the blame doubles. If there was information, what was the Centre, the state doing?``
``The nation needs to be united; the political parties need to get united. The moment that happens, we will be capable of fighting terror," Swaraj said in the Lok Sabha.
Asserting that terrorists have no religion, Sushma said: "Terrorists only follow the code of terrorism. We need to be united against terrorism."
She further said that this is not the moment to lay blame, but to work together to combat terrorism.
Both houses of the house witnessed pandemonium today with the Opposition demanding answers from the government on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda