Hyderabad blasts: Shinde draws flak from Opposition in RS on Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday came under sharp attack from Opposition as well as UPA allies SP and DMK, which trashed his statement on Hyderabad blasts as "totally disappointing" and "devoid of any concrete and meaningful plan of action".
Shinde made a statement in the House on yesterday`s blasts saying government will make all possible efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and masterminds.
The opposition was, however, dissatisfied with the statement and accused the government of treating the issue of terror in a "very casual" manner.
Leading the attack, BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said, "Government`s policy seems to be condolence for the dead and compensation for those who survived."
Naidu also said that being a member of the House, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have come to the Rajya Sabha and made a statement taking the issue seriously.
The Rajya Sabha earlier witnessed acrimonious scenes as Opposition members insisted on a debate before the Home Minister`s statement on the issue.
After the Home Minister read out his statement amid noisy scenes, the House witnessed a verbal spat between Shinde and Naidu with the BJP leader telling the minister that had he been serious on the issue, he would have rushed to the spot immediately after the occurrence last night and come to Parliament in morning.
Shinde countered it saying that after monitoring the issue for the whole night, he went to the spot at 4 am drawing angry reactions from Naidu.
"You have not done any favour to us. You have done your duty. The incident had happened at 7 pm yesterday. You should have gone there at 8 pm and come back by the morning. That shows your seriousness," Naidu said, who later staged a walkout for a brief period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive