Hyderabad blasts: Shinde draws flak from Opposition in RS on Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday came under sharp attack from Opposition as well as UPA allies SP and DMK, which trashed his statement on Hyderabad blasts as "totally disappointing" and "devoid of any concrete and meaningful plan of action".
Shinde made a statement in the House on yesterday`s blasts saying government will make all possible efforts to apprehend the perpetrators and masterminds.
The opposition was, however, dissatisfied with the statement and accused the government of treating the issue of terror in a "very casual" manner.
Leading the attack, BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said, "Government`s policy seems to be condolence for the dead and compensation for those who survived."
Naidu also said that being a member of the House, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should have come to the Rajya Sabha and made a statement taking the issue seriously.
The Rajya Sabha earlier witnessed acrimonious scenes as Opposition members insisted on a debate before the Home Minister`s statement on the issue.
After the Home Minister read out his statement amid noisy scenes, the House witnessed a verbal spat between Shinde and Naidu with the BJP leader telling the minister that had he been serious on the issue, he would have rushed to the spot immediately after the occurrence last night and come to Parliament in morning.
Shinde countered it saying that after monitoring the issue for the whole night, he went to the spot at 4 am drawing angry reactions from Naidu.
"You have not done any favour to us. You have done your duty. The incident had happened at 7 pm yesterday. You should have gone there at 8 pm and come back by the morning. That shows your seriousness," Naidu said, who later staged a walkout for a brief period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof