Hyderabad blasts: SIT to probe case, vital clues obtained, says Police Commissioner
Hyderabad: Two days after twin blasts rocked the city, the Hyderabad Police Commissioner on Saturday claimed to have got "vital clues" to crack the case soon.
He said that six specialized teams have been formed and they have already started to collect evidences to crack into Thursday`s twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar.
The blasts claimed 16 lives and injured over 100 people.
Addressing a press conference, Anurag Sharma said, “The investigation by the state police has been handed over to Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by Additional Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Shandilya. Also the city has been put on high alert.”
Further he said that Andhra Pradesh government has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for credible information leading to cracking of the case.
The city Police Commissioner also confirmed that ammonium nitrate was used to make the bombs that exploded in Hyderabad`s Dilsukhnagar area.
The investigators have started gathering material, forensic and other forms of evidence and experts from other agencies have also been roped in, he said.
"On November 15, our own intelligence department had sent a team to Delhi and they interrogated some IM modules. They sent an extract that Dilsukhnagar, Ranigunj, Abids, Begum Bazar and Tank Bund were recceed by those people. This particular module, majority of them were arrested," he said.
“But we are still not sure of the involvement of banned Indian Mujahideen (IM) in this case,” Anurag Sharma said.
Many clues were found during last 24 hours, the Commissioner told reporters and exuded confidence that the case would be cracked soon and the culprits would be arrested.
Adding a word of sympathy to the families of the victims, Sharma added, “No amount of explanations would be adequate to the families of the deceased but still I would say we are trying our best to solve the case.”
“The security agencies have to succeed every time to stop a crime but the terrorists have to succeed just once,” while recalling a quote the Commissioner said.
While denying that the CCTV camera at the Dilsukhnagar area was not working, he said, “It is not true that the camera was not working. It was working till 8:30 pm on the blast day and we have footage from the camera which we are analyzing.”
He also added that Andhra Pradesh Police have not taken any intelligence alert lightly.
However, the police commissioner said they had received an alert from Delhi on February 15 about possible strikes in Hyderabad and three other cities ie. Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Asked about reports of arrests and detentions, he said, "We have not arrested anyone in this case. We are examining all types of evidences."
Asked about the involvement of IM, he said the investigations were underway. "Unless we complete the process, we cannot jump to any conclusion," Sharma said.
“The city police have been conducting checking and frisking operation in the entire city regularly,” he said adding police along with other agencies like OCTUPUS and counter-Intelligence wings was taking necessary measures.
"There was high alert in the city and bomb disposal squads have been increased from 16 to 30," the Commissioner explained.
According to Sharma as many as 265 out of 303 CCTV cameras, most of them installed to monitor traffic movement, have been functioning while 23 were not working.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe